Monday, July 14, 2008

The feeling of freedom

Today I re-read my blogs today and I have noticed a trend in them ever since being home from school for the summer. A lot of my days consist of having a heavy heart and days where all I can do is think and pray for all of my friends. It weighs so heavy on my mind to the point of tears, and I am not one to cry often.
I know this isn't a bad thing as much as I hate to cry sometimes, I know at the same time they are tears of joy. Tears of freedom and release and tears of comfort. That I want to be broken and built back up in God's image and made into the mold I am meant to be and not trying to be. Having a heavy heart is good it tells me I still have compassion for people. I want to be made in the image of God and have a Christ like attitude and if crying at random times even when I try not to is what it takes then that is fine with me.
I have learned that you can't run from a heavy heart it will catch up to you and break you down. Into the sobbing mess you try not to be. But in the end the results are well worth the tears. Feeling refreshed and brand new knowing that God is using you to change the world around you. Slowly but surely results will start to show when you place your heavy heart into God's hands.

No comments: